So … if you’ve been reading my Twitter the past few days, you’d know my boyfriend of nearly four years and I broke up. Devastated (you have no idea), I went to do some retail therapy. I mean, it is what it is; can’t mope forever. Don’t worry I wasn’t too crazy with my money. My awesome mom gave me some “pity money” to spend because I looked so sad, haha (I feel great now, don’t worry, no longer a miserable little thing).
(I also quit playing World of Warcraft because, well, he plays it … and we were in the same guild where 70% of the members are his real life friends, so … yeah).
This is over the course of 3 days (I didn’t buy it all at once). Three heartbreaking days … but I’m slowly bouncing back :)
1. Of course I will start with the lipsticks. As you can see, my collection has another four lipsticks in a very short time. From left to right: MAC’s Creme Cup (cremesheen); MAC’s Ravishing (lustre, I think … funny story, the saleslady actually gave me Crosswires -__- I had to go back the next day and return it for the lipstick I wanted!); Lancome’s Lily Rose or No. 308 (limited edition! As a result … super pricey. Thanks mom!); and Make Up For Ever’s No. 38. If I were to describe what it looks like on the lips because the colours in the picture may be slightly off, Creme Cup is a natural dusty pink colour, Ravishing is a vibrant coral, Lily Rose is a natural light pink and MUFE’s No. 38 is a bright pink (but not too crazy or neon).
2. My sister and I chipped in together to buy this mask cream thing from Lancome as well. Because ….
3. Lancome was giving free gifts if you buy 2 items, one of which must be a skin care product. I should have picked an eye make up remover (for the cheapness factor), but the lady talked the two of us into the expensive mask cream. I slightly regret it, since the limited edition lipstick was so expensive (it cost more than my YSL lipstick!), but the free gifts were pretty cool. I only have the lip gloss and the sample size Genifique serum showing in the photo because I decided my sister can have the mini foundation, mascara and make up bag. I have heard AMAZING things about the Genifique serum and am excited to give it a whirl. Unfortunately it’s VERY expensive (see prices on website), so this is probably the only time I’m going to use it (unless it turns out to be just so jaw dropping amazing that I must have it, hahaha).
4. Kat Von D liquid eyeliner pen in Trooper. I don’t know why, but everytime I buy Revlon’s liquid eyeliners, they go from being a rich dark liquid to a watery mess after only a few uses! And I store it only in my bedroom, so I don’t know what went wrong. It does this EVERY time, I’ve gone through like four of those Revlon liquid liners. Frustrated, I decided to try out this pen liner from Kat Von D, since one of my favourite make up gurus on Youtube use it as well.
5. There’s this little cart in the mall that I think is new or something, and all they sell is fake eyelashes! They had sooo many and I thought it was a really good price. At the drugstore, when I see Revlon or NYC fake lashes, they usually cost around $5 for one set. MUFE sells their’s for a whopping $15 for one set! These (Luxe) ones are 3 for $12, or $4 each, so I thought that was a good price. Plus, they give you a little card where you can get a stamp every time you buy a box. After 9 boxes, you can choose a free box! Oh, and of course, got some eyelash glue to go with it.
6. Half price Hello Kitty earrings. I thought they were cute, haha! It’s three Hello Kitty silhouette things stacked up on one another! I also got a pair of (fake) diamond studs at the same shop for only $1.50, but I didn’t show them in the picture because I was wearing them when I took this picture, haha. But I’m sure you can imagine what a pair of (fake) diamond studs would look like.
ANNDD I totally forgot to show it, but I also got two L.A. COLORS nailpolishes. One in a bronze colour and the other in a hot pink. I found them for sale in this clothing shop I usually frequent, but they never used to sell make up. They’re now selling L.A. COLORS products and E.L.F. lipglosses :O How strange! I usually totally brush off make up that’s sold in clothing stores ’cause, well, they’re usually either brandless or the “store brand” and … well, they usually suck. But L.A. COLORS and E.L.F. are legit brands, so I was surprised.
Ok, that’s all :) Probably shouldn’t spend money for a while …